There was a terrific chat with Finn during the lunch break of one of the South Africa Tests – he spoke about his career like he was his own biographer, with such insight and a complete lack of bitterness, frustration or self-pity.If he is so inclined, he will write a genuinely great autobiography, partly for the same reasons that he didn’t become the great bowler we all hoped.

Here was affirmation that Anderson’s essential desire to compete in an England shirt remains utterly undimmed by his 38 years, just as he had proclaimed before the second Test.James Anderson was superb, as was Stuart Broad once again. Pakistanis will be resuming their run on the cricket field for the first time since the suspension of the game towards the end of PSL 2020 earlier this year and it will be in quite a different scenario. Lunch is at 1.30pm and I don’t know what else to tell you.That’s a good email. )Copestake, I’ve warned you before not to talk about this thing in public.“In other news,” writes Ali Martin at the Ageas Bowl, “Jofra currently has the keeping gloves on (second day running).”Especially if they are a seamer. Yes, the rules have been tweaked quite a lot due to the COVID-19 pandemic and we have even seen the biggest announcement for a tour. It will be a bit challenging for him, however, to continue with the same momentum as before on his return to cricket after a few months break now. It helps having Jimmy out there. I think I’ve put my back out, too, and I was only trying to steer it to third man for one. But this is crap banter and you should ignore me, as you clearly meant a right-hander.

He’s just not good enough.”I can see all three sides of this debate. They’re getting in each other’s way.If our slip fielders spread their arms out, they will be able to touch fingers, or even overlap. You could argue that because his fielding was so good he was slightly underappreciated as a batsman, certainly during his peak years in the late 1990s and early 2000s.Whether you like it or not – and I think I might just know the answer – the role nowadays is batsman/wicketkeeper, not the other way round. And by nice hour, I mean for England. Pakistan will be playing Test matches under the captaincy of Azhar Ali. But a lot of us thought he would take at least 300 in each format. Pakistan picked the shortlisted squad from a 29-member touring party. "But we've got such a great squad at the minute, we're gelling together really nice and the boys are lifting the guys that are not playing and keeping them involved. The Telegraph values your comments but kindly requests all posts are on topic, constructive and respectful. This Website is about Life of Cricketers. And, he gave great account of his captaincy skills during the home series earlier this year as well. I'm just enjoying having him around and learning from him.

Maybe I’m being unfair, but I guess I’ve just run out of patience, and I would bet money that he will never get his batting average up to 40.

"Really, I was pretty shocked with all the stuff that was going on about him.

Both the teams participating in the games have announced their respective squads for the tour. I wish he would help himself, though – his latest plan to bat No3 and keep wicket for Yorkshire is entirely ludicrous. In T20Is, Babar Azam will be the captain of the Pakistani side. Sussex seamer Ollie Robinson in England squad for second Test against Pakistan 12 Aug 2020 , 8:00am Vitality Blast fixtures announced — and fans may be back for Finals Day in October The latest offers and discount codes from popular brands on Telegraph Voucher Codes

"Curran, Stuart Broad and Chris Woakes all followed Anderson's lead with breakthroughs in a productive evening session that lasted less than an hour before lightning, rain and bad light combined to bring an early close but turned a good start into a commanding one.Curran was the man to remove top-scorer Abid Ali for 60, finding the edge with a hint of extra bounce outside off stump, a handy contribution for a player who owed his selection in large part to his ability with the bat.Ben Stokes' absence on family matters persuaded Joe Root to go with the all-rounder ahead of Jofra Archer, Ollie Robinson or the recovering Mark Wood and Curran was eager to make the most of his chance having spent three of the last four games out of the side.While that would usually lead to a spell back in the ranks with Surrey, this year it has meant a frustrating stint as a front-row spectator inside the bio-secure bubble. Veteran Pakistan batsman Shoaib Malik is expected to join the squad in England next week, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) announced on Friday.

If Buttler averages 35, pulls off the occasional miracle victory and keeps competently, I think England will be very happy. Due to Covid-19 there are some restrictions for the audience in the series. For such a no-nonsense cricketer, he doesn’t half make some senseless decisions. Shadab Khan, Kashif Bhatti, Yasir Shah, and Imad Wasim will take care of the spin bowling department.