He was also the head coach of the Country New South Wales rugby league team in the once a year City vs Country Origin game. NRL 2020: Incoming Canterbury coach Trent Barrett reportedly wields the axe with mass personnel changes Sporting News. As long as that's the case, we can obviously get on with life. "I look forward to, and am excited by, the challenges ahead in terms of making this club a serious competition force again. "We have acted swiftly to secure the services of Trent because we believe he is the right man to take our club forward," Hill said. Nathan Cleary knows what Trent Barrett has done for his games and will miss his Panthers assistant coach, when he moves to the Bulldogs. "I'm positive it's not going to be [a distraction]. He doesn’t officially clock on as Canterbury’s head coach for another three months – but Trent Barrett is already making his presence felt at the Family Club with mass changes in the football department.Bulldogs interim coach Steve Georgallis is among the victims of Barrett’s reported overhaul.High-performance manager Tony Ayoub, strength and conditioning coach Harry Harris, ex-Bulldogs forward and trainer Tony Grimaldi and skills coach Steve James will also end their tenures at the club at season’s end.News of the mass exodus follows the Bulldogs’ shock decision to last week severe ties with trainer Garry Carden after nearly four decades at the club.Barrett signed a three-year deal with the Bulldogs three weeks ago and will take over the helm at the end of the 2020 NRL campaign.Upon agreeing to join the struggling club, the 42-year-old Barrett last month forecast the widespread changes when he stressed the importance of assembling the right coaching staff around him.Meanwhile, star forward Adam Elliott has revealed he turned down a more lucrative offer from the New Zealand Warriors to The 25-year-old on Wednesday inked a three-year extension in a major show of faith in the former Sea Eagles coach.“I’ve just had a young son this year and I need to lock up a future for them but probably equally as important for me is being somewhere where I know I’m going to be getting the best out of myself and I’m going to strive … to be a better player next year and I really see that opportunity under Trent Barrett,” Elliott told “I’ve had a lot of in-depth phone calls with him and I see him as a really good fit at Belmore and a really good fit for myself.”Thai police arrest another leader of student protests, rights group saysVirus on ice, two for one (infections), and everyone’s jealous of Russia’s troubling vaccineAna de Armas joins Ben Affleck out as Jennifer Garner gets back to workHow much would installing air conditioning at home cost?Warriors vs Panthers: Fans ejected from Central Coast Stadium after racially abusing Brent NadenDfID scheme accused of 'putting UK aid in pockets of wealthy companies'Vivint Smart Home’s ‘undiscovered growth stock’ jumps after J.P. Morgan calls it a ‘home run’Public Health England counted 30,000 duplicate coronavirus casesFour men fined after crossing Queensland border on a boat tripKelly Clarkson Has the Best Response to a Troll Who Says Her 'Marriage Didn't Work' Because of Her ScheduleIran says Beirut aid should not be tied to political changeChina will promote yuan's internationalisation, central bank saysCovid-19 has pushed Britain outdoors – but will the habit stick?Police find no Covid-19 breaches at Sydney's Tangara school as NSW reports nine new casesThe Crown creator compares Prince Charles and Diana's marriage to Brexit and Covid-19How Two Pals Found Modern Friendship Online In A New City, With The Help Of Bumble BFFIndia funds $500m Maldives project to counter China's influenceTrump 'can take some credit' for historic UAE, Israel dealElectoral boundary redistribution could shake up South Australia's 2022 state electionMiley Cyrus is reclaiming her voice on new single Midnight SkyDiana's advice to William after her marriage to Charles fell apart"Little brown girl": Australian Biden-Harris cartoon sparks furoreBoy, 13, charged with killing 34-year-old man in Wigan churchyardVirgin boss urges workers to ignore bondholder 'noise'Brad Pitt confused by Angelina Jolie's request to drop judge in divorce case because she 'hand-selected' him to officiate their weddingBrooklyn Beckham sparks speculation he has married Nicola PeltzAlexander-Arnold beats Man Utd trio to Young Player of the Season awardReserve Bank governor Philip Lowe says credit ratings don't matter during the coronavirus crisisLibya sovereign fund to ask UN for freedom to invest billionsEXCLUSIVE: Locky Gilbert accidentally drops a HUGE clue about who wins The BachelorMelbourne Storm to be fined for fielding 14 players in win over RoostersBoy jailed for life for murder of mum-of-two whose body he buried in shallow graveAll City of Melbourne parking fines to be suspended during stage four restrictionsDog groomer accused of fraud after getting £240k in Covid grant mix-upMan in his 20s Australia's youngest coronavirus victimOfficial portrait of Captain Sir Tom Moore unveiled ahead of VJ Day 75Couples' strict wedding dress code enrages guests: 'desperate social climbers'The AFL has released its final batch of fixtures before the 2020 finals, and some teams will be happier than othersEuropean stocks slide as UK tightens virus quarantineClive Palmer calls premier an 'outlaw' after sweeping new legislationThai police arrest another leader of student protests, rights group saysVirus on ice, two for one (infections), and everyone’s jealous of Russia’s troubling vaccine