Use the HTML below. This is the only song that got any play in USA.The hot extended dance mix really makes all the sounds pop with being remastered Chain Reaction was the real huge hit here but got overlooked entirely in America while climbing to #1 in UK. One of my favorite albums Diana did for RCA. Diana will always give you love songs. But, it wasn't until years later, when I purchased "Diana Ross: The RCA Years", that I was exposed to "Experience" and "I Love Being In Love With You".

In one graphic scene, he rapes Sheila with a dildo covered in snake blood, and decapitates a native. One of the less gruesome cannibal tales. At the end of 1985, in an article noting the “Year of Surprises on the Charts,” Billboard writer Paul Grein placed Eaten Alive at #1 on the list of the year’s Cannibals and sexual brutality are just some of the terrifying mayhem happening in this shocking story about a flesh-eating cult deep in the jungle. The video released on MTV for it was also fun. Do yourself a favor, listen to the CDs ALL THE WAY THROUGH when you first open them and make sure they are correct, or you'll be stuck like I am with a pair of $10 coasters. I bought the 12" singles to "Eaten Alive" and "Chain Reaction" as a loyal Ross fan. A young woman teams up with a mercenary to find her missing sister in the jungles of New Guinea where they find that a deranged leader of a religious cult has located his commune in an area inhabited by cannibals. That song, alone, if you really listen to it, should have done far better on the charts... if he could take Rockwell's "Somebody's Watching Me" to the top, why not this? Experience is a very nice ballad that I was surprised had a special dance mix. 25 of 31 people found this review helpful.

Eaten Alive is a terrific album and has everything going for it. A woman is searching for her missing sister and she finds hope in the folly of a dead hit-man who has a film on him. With Robert Kerman, Janet Agren, Ivan Rassimov, Paola Senatore. The clarity of voice, the instruments, the music, absolutely "LOVE" it. Over the years I deeply and really love every song on this album. It is labeled as a 2 CD album but what I got is the same CD2 as disc 1 so I have 2 CDS with the remixes and the album is missing.

I told one of my best friends, who is also a Miss Ross fan, that it's sad that it took me over 30 years to truly appreciate her work on "Eaten Alive'. It, along with the others, is now back in print courtesy of Funky Town Grooves (1982's "Silk Electric" was going for especially high prices as a used CD). The album reached #45 in the US, #11 in the UK and Australia and the top ten i Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features.

And, it didn't hurt that her good friend, Michael Jackson, was on board to add his vocal licks to "Eaten Alive". A woman named Sheila is searching for her sister, who has disappeared in the jungles of New Guinea. A girl and her brother fly to New Guinea to look for a lost expedition, led by her husband, which has vanished in the great jungle.

Was this review helpful to you? Purchased this CD because I love this artist.

Relive the funniest moments that happened before the opening credits of "Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? This is the fourth Diana Ross Expanded Edition CD that has arrived defective - Disc 1 is supposed to be the "Eaten Alive" album, and is marked and printed as the "Eaten Alive" album... but the tracks are the ones from Disc 2, the remix disc. "Eaten Alive" was one of the last records from Diana's 1981-1987 run on RCA records. Just like with Billie Holliday, many of the Diana Ross RCA years albums, I've discovered years after the fact. In another, a native widow named Mowara is ritualistically raped a Diana has joined a cult run by a man called Jonas.

Select your address