then it can be truly classified as an authentic classic 359 numbered truck.I have a friend who owned a nice Pete, also a 1987, model 359, which he rebuilt from a junk yard truck. The truck is owned and operated by John Pompeo, a 33 year experienced truck driver. 1987 peterbilt 359 ext hood 475 cummins 18 speed low air 282 wheel base electric wipers digital gauges uni-bilt opening calls only 563-580-8200. The 5 W's for truckers to complete a pre trip inspection.How to complete a pre trip thoroughly + lock down a method that's easily remembered. What a machine THAT thing was!These older trucks were great because the average trucker with some mechanical knowledge was better equipped to do some minor repairs.Nowadays, with more electronics and most of the engine etc. To add to the company truck sales, they announced the The truck is owned and operated by John Pompeo, a 33 year experienced truck driver.What a stellar looking Peterbilt this is…. Between 1967-1987, Peterbilt produced the well-known classic Peterbilt 359.It was the first long hood truck built by them and it developed quite a loyal fan base and following over the years.The 359 Peterbilt looked like a big truck was meant to look like back then. 1987 Numbered 359 Pete, #345: This is an old school style truck, a 1987 Peterbilt Model 359, Classic, #345, powered by 444 Cummins, 13 speed. CRST training, costs, accomodations, orientation, pay, contract and more. Many of them had quite a rough ride….in fact, so rough that they would shake their body rivets loose after awhile and the body panels would actually start to shift around under the rivets… sometimes scraping off the paint underneath.The 359’s were often plagued with electrical issues as well. US, Iowa, Dubuque County, Worthington Worthington, IA 3 years at truckhelp.com 80,000 Parts for 1987 Peterbilt 359. Deals & Savings.

We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. These numbered trucks were the last run of the 359’s, before the company stopped making them.They were supposedly only pumping out 359 of them, but they manufactured many more than that… in the thousands, I understand.The 359 units however, the authentic ones, have become more valuable and are collector items for big rig enthusiasts.There has been much controversy around the authenticity of this run of trucks.
obviously well maintained and cared for by John, who hails from New Jersey, U.S.A.It’s evidently in top notch condition  ……a 27 year old truck in mint condition.It’s amazing that a truck of 27 years can look better than some of the newer trucks… helps when the owner is meticulous about the maintenance and general care of the vehicle, too.I really love these older model trucks…. The following parts fit a 1987 Peterbilt 359 Edit |Go to My Garage. She doesn’t seem to lack for power either, with a mechanical Cummins engine…. computerized, prevents the truck driver from working on his own truck.Repairs as a result cost so much more than 20 yrs ago, mostly because it takes specialized mechanics to work on these computerized engine… something the trucker isn’t able to do.Some of these classic custom semi trucks were built with 2 stick transmissions, making them even more rare.A commemorative set of hood emblems were installed and a 8,844  of the special 359 custom Peterbilt rigs, were built in the final year of production, but the numbered  classics could still be checked on a factory list by their serial number of authenticity. I guess good things don’t last forever.John claims this 1987 Peterbilt model 359, is one of the classic Peterbilt numbered trucks: #345.