Every time they changed Lancaster's original script they did so without tact and screwed up the rhythm of the piece Very disappointed throughout. (It is always hard to get over your first love). In small-town Texas, an affable mortician strikes up a friendship with a wealthy widow, though when she starts to become controlling, he goes to great lengths to separate himself from her grasp. BNB is essentially a tragic chronicling of the dissolution of the once great American family and the "new virtue" of celebrating moral depravity. -- but we had to see it anyway. I think the kid from Bad Santa also has a role as does Greg Kinnear who plays a competitive coach. Unfortunately this remake is not funny or original and only shocking in how bad it is. Or the Bears drinking REAL beer at the end...I accept that too. The mother of one his players is played by the divine Marcia Gay Harden.

Against the backdrop of a tough championship and an intense rivalry with the impeccable Yankees, Coach Buttermaker goes as far as to recruit Amanda Whurlitzer, the twelve-year-old daughter of one of his ex-girlfriends and star pitcher, and the troubled bike-riding baseball hitter, Kelly Leak.

The child actors in the movie are great and make the picture enjoyable to watch.

Directed by Richard Linklater. A trio of guys try and make up for missed opportunities in childhood by forming a three-player baseball team to compete against standard children's Little League squads.

Bad news first: there are several bad reviews for this movie posted here.

7 of 9 people found this review helpful. To scrape up some extra cash, the semi-inebriated, cigar-smoking, former minor-league pitcher and now professional exterminator, Morris Buttermaker, agrees to coach the inept little-league baseball team of young misfits, the Bears.

Was this review helpful? It is more a documentary about America's cultural slide toward degeneracy.

Under those circumstances, do Morris' uncoordinated boys have what it takes to start winning? *1/2 from **** 13 out of 22 found this helpful. In 1937, a teenager is cast in the Mercury Theatre production of "Julius Caesar", directed by a young Bad News Bears 2005 is nothing more than another perverted film producer pimping out an American classic for monetary gain.
I would strongly recommend this movie to anyone wanting a good laugh and who is tired of all those gory horror or predictable drama movies. Full Review | Original Score: 3/5

27 out of 43 found this helpful. Maybe that's because many of them were from people who were in love with the original movie with Walter Matthau. 25 out of 47 found this helpful. I'm a fan of Billy Bob - but he ain't no Walter Matthau. Every character is just plain flat - with nothing to act off of. The story of the Newton gang, the most successful bank robbers in history, owing to their good planning and minimal violence. I love Billy Bob Thornton in Bad Santa and the Bad News Bears remake to 2005 after a 29 years since the original film.

After watching this movie, I was totally depressed, and embarrassed that I wasted my time & money renting it. 7 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? A grizzled little league coach tries to turn his team of misfits into champs. Was this review helpful? Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? Probably better than most remakes these days anyway. The whole early morning feel of Southern California Little League is missing, and the urgency of the original is gone, too (those kids had something riding on these games).

Was this review helpful? And the baseball scenes are quite well shot. Here are my observations of where they went wrong: The original was well acted and believable. Highly unrecommended. I thought this movie was funny and had some good messages promoting "team concepts", even though it was hidden sometimes under crude language, sexual innuendo and other subjects not appropriate for very young children. You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. Was this review helpful? Is there any question why box office revenues are plunging when the entertainment holy land Hollywood and all of its artistic geniuses continue as if addicted, to produce obscene and offensive rubbish? There is hardly any music underscoring also, which makes the pacing of the film entirely too slow. By going to see this movie with a clean slate, you'll get more than enough laughs for your money and a great night out!

Was this review helpful?

A group of suburban teenagers try to support each other through the difficult task of becoming adults.

These losers don't seem to learn from their mistakes. 15 out of 28 found this helpful.

Was this review helpful?

The film has changed to modify today's world where computers rule the world which I said at 10 years old to an skeptical neighbor and where even a handicapped wheelchair-bound boy can play baseball.

They aren't comparable and doing so just sets you up for disappointment. This movie had no reason to get made. But there are some things that didn't ring true to me.

Was this review helpful? Any film-buff well acquainted with the 1976 Michael Ritchie film "The Bad News Bears" will watch this remake in a perpetual state of deprivation.

Check out some of the IMDb editors' favorites movies and shows to round out your Watchlist.Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. Was this review helpful? Was this review helpful? We all knew it would suck, didn't we? Some reviews say this movie is edgier than the original. I don't think we should be comparing classics made 30 years ago with movies made today.

It's truly sad to see kids using bad language, and its even worse when considering that they're the target audience for this film. 4 out of 5 found this helpful. Addition on 2/4/06. Was this review helpful? Guess I'll just have to keep typing until they let this go through. Didn't see or know about the original "Bad News Bears" (1976). Was this review helpful? If this had been the original, it never would have been remade. A waste of money all around in my opinion. Everything the original did with grace, skill and humor they trampled over needlessly.

25 out of 43 found this helpful. 13 out of 25 found this helpful.